The York Cycle Show is on 19th to 20th June and this year our General Secretary is looking for alot members to help man Rough-Stuff Fellowship stand at this two day event on the racecourse in York.
I use to be expert on stand, has I was stand manager for about five years so here whats involve:
- We need a member pick up the stand from the General Secretary home at Lancaster and transport it across to York and help put up the stand on the Friday evening or Saturday Morning. The stand will fit into large hatchback with the backseat down with no problems, you will able claim cost any fuel use taking the stand across York back from the Fellowship and also several benefits you do get vehicle pass to get on to showground and park next to the show area, once the stand is up you be able look around the trade area before the general public is allow in!
- We need two members to put up the stand on Friday evening or Saturday morning which take about 30 minutes to do.
- We need several members help man stand between 10.30 to 18.30 on the Saturday and between 10.30 to 16.30 on the Sunday. You will answering questions from the general public about the RSF like what is it like to go on local group ride etc, selling badges to members and signing up new members. So if spare a hour or more please get in touch Peter our General Secretary.
- We need member to act stand manger over the weekend, this would involve sorting out rota of voluteers to man the stand, banking any cash taken over the show, forwarding any new membership forms to the new membership secretary and forwarding set of accounts of what been sold to assistant treasurer. You need be there over both days and it took me about two to three hours to sort the financial mess out afterwards.
- We need a member to pick up the stand and store it till year’s York Cycle Show.
If you think you can help with any of the above please get in touch with Peter our General Secretary on (01524) 383593 as soon as possible.